Just a quick update on this amazingly beautiful Saturday night. I already had the floor tile in when I wrote the last post, but with Eaphis' help we got the toilet back in today so we now have a part way functioning bathroom....hooray!! The boys can stop using mine!!
To me, tearing up and laying down the floor was the biggest obstacle that I had to get around in this whole project, so now that that's done I feel like I'm on easy street. I laid out and cut all of the tile beforehand, which took a couple of days, but once that was done I was able to get it all set, grouted, and tidied up pretty quick.
Of course it always helps to have a cute assistant to help you clean.
I am so in love with these floors....it's amazing how much cozier and warmer the bathroom feels just by getting rid of those dirty white tiles. My biggest worry was that I wouldn't get them to lay straight - but I think they're pretty damn close to perfect if I do say so myself!
If you look close you can see the beginnings of the beadboard/trim and the glimmer of tile on the shower wall (yay!). I actually feel like I'm ahead of the arbitrary schedule that exists only in my mind so I'm going to celebrate with some Bluberry Wine and some Buffy.
Now for the checklist - so close, yet so far.............
Stain the Vanity and add Hardware Remove Shower Tile / Add Shower Niche
- Replace the Shower Tile
- Replace Shower Fixtures
- New Shower Rod and Curtain
Remove Floor TIle Replace Floor Tile
- Add Beadboard and Trim
- Replace Door Trim
- Replace Sink Fixtures
Replace Light Fixture Add Medicine Cabinets
- Add Shelves / Hooks / and Accessories