Adapted from a recipe from the American Heart Association
1 lb chicken breasts cut into strips
Fajita Seasoning (you can use a store-bought packet; I use the Fajita Seasoning from Penzey’s)
1 pound rigatoni or penne
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1 large red pepper and 1 large yellow or orange pepper, thinly sliced
12 oz can evaporated milk
1 tsp Bottled hot sauce (we use Cholula Sweet Habenero Sauce)
- Marinate the Chicken in the Fajita Seasoning according to the directions
- Cook the pasta
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet; add the onion and peppers until tender. Push to one side.
- Add the chicken to the other side of the skillet and brown on both sides. I like to cover the skillet and let the veggies and chicken cook so the peppers soften. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the evaporated milk, the hot sauce, and the pepper together.
- Once the chicken is done, add the chicken/veggie mixture and the milk mixture to the pasta and mix together.